So I hit 28 weeks yesterday - third trimester here we go! :-) Feeling pretty good, starting to feel pregnant in the aches/pains sort of way, but generally doing well!!! Definitely getting practice at the not-sleeping thing, since I'm awake at least every 2 hours or so.... at least when the baby is here there will be a good reason to be awake like that! Right now it's just frustrating!!! :-)
Had an appointment yesterday ~ everything was great except ..... I failed the one hour glucose test by miles!!! So now on Tuesday I have to sit at the doctor's office for 3+ hours for the second level test. Really stinks!!! So everyone keep their fingers crossed that I pass this 3 hour test, b/c I really don't want to end up with gestational diabetes! I would be miserable if they restricted what I eat!!! And for all those that are thinking it's all the ice cream - I have no sweet cravings so that's not it... eating too many carbs and going too long between meals so my blood sugar doesn't balance itself well is most likely my problem. So we'll see if I can learn to eat more like 6 small meals a day instead of 3 big ones.
Things are coming along with Ben's room - we'll hopefully hang some curtains soon and once his crib comes in (in about 2.5 weeks), we can finish with a lot of wall hangings and such!
And everyone keep your fingers crossed for my friend Gia today - she might be having her little boy today depending on test results (to see if he's fully cooked!).... so all fingers crossed that he's done and ready to make his appearance!! Wishing her the best of recovery and a beautiful healthy baby boy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment