Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Why is it so hard.....

to find baby bedding that meets the following criteria:

1) Has no creatures/characters on it;
2) Comes in a shade of green that isn't nauseating;
3) Only has the parts you actually want (baby can't use a blanket for 1st year, bumpers are questionable - so you really want the sheet and the crib skirt, and a valance);
4) Fits items 1-3 above and costs less than $250!

I don't get it - we want a very simple, modern set up for this kid. Black furniture, green & white bedding - SOOO easy, right? WRONG! I find one set that is the right style/color, but it's a comforter, bumper, and skirt- I only want the skirt, but of course you can't buy the pieces separately anywhere. Or, I find a fabulous looking set that is perfect - except it costs $500 !!!!! $500 for baby bedding that the child will throw up on, poop and pee on - and not ever remember what it looked like! All of this, of course, made more difficult because I don't want pink or blue, but green - um, even if we knew what we were having I still wouldn't want pink or blue bedding - enough w/ the stereotypical boy/girl colors!!!

I think I've found some separates that I can use together that will work - but only after weeks of looking for something that doesn't have frogs or winnie the pooh or something else on it! Those are very cute sets - I have many friends that have cute bedding sets with creatures/characters - they just aren't our style!

Ok - rant over - just had to vent about the lack of affordable, modern, baby bedding separates. I can't wait until it's time to pick out bigger things! :-)

No comments: