Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Other People's Perspectives

So I go to get my hair cut last night, and after telling my stylist that I'm pregnant, she asked if we're going to find out whether it's a girl or a boy. When I said no, she sounded so disappointed. It's funny - I've gotten this reaction from a few people!! I just think that their total disappointment is a funny reaction! I'm totally unfazed about not finding out - I'm excited for it to be a surprise! But then again I'm not a big fan of the need to assign gender roles to newborns by having them wear pink or blue ~ our child can wear white, beige, green, yellow, pink, blue, purple, black - no matter whether it's a boy or a girl! The poor child will become aware of gender roles soon enough in life, let's not rush it! :-)

And there's my 2 cents!

1 comment:

Barb said...

Good for you.
Stick to your guns.
I've always felt that finding out the sex before the baby is born is like opening your Christmas presents before Christmas.
What fun it that?
Enjoy this time while it lasts, it goes by quickly.
I very happy for you both. :-)
Barb