Tuesday, July 29, 2008

35 Weeks!

Well, I'm 35 weeks along as of yesterday - meaning just barely over a month to my due date! We had a doctor's appointment Monday and everything was great - OB said everything was looking fabulous, and as long as my diabetes stays under control then I will be treated as a normal pregnancy without any high-risk issues (that's what we want to hear!). Blood pressure has stabilized and is perfect, weight gain has leveled off (hard to gain weight when I'm not allowed to eat anything on this diabetes diet!), and she is pretty sure baby is head down (although at a slight angle right now!). I start going every week now, so that should be fun!! Here's yet another updated picture of me (late at night and feeling very tired!!):




In other news...... um, I think we bought a house! We put in an offer, it was accepted, the home inspection was Friday (7/25), and now we are just waiting to get a few things fixed before we hopefully close on Friday 8/1 or Monday 8/4!! Yep - homeowners and new parents all within the span of about 4 weeks! Craziness, insanity, fun, exciting - all rolled into one big month! We are very excited ~ we are happy to have a place to call our own for a while, and it will be nice to have our own backyard for playing with Ben, not to mention a chance to make the house what we want after so many years of living in apartments!! I have a bunch of pictures taken by Jerred's sister Camy and her husband, Jeff, when we did a walk through with them last week ~ the link is:


Enjoy! I tried to describe what each one is as it's not always obvious! Enjoy! The first things we want to do are to knock down a wall between the living room and kitchen/dining area, get rid of the wallpaper, paint the rooms, and then work on the kitchen this fall/winter. We'll definitely post some house updates on here as well to keep everyone in the loop as the house is hopefully transformed!

That's it for now - enough to keep us busy for quite a while! :-)

No comments: