We had antipasto (bed of lettuce with Salami, Sopressata, Prosciutto and Provolone layered on top, with black olives and some Italian dressing); then the awesomely yummy ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and broccoli casserole. Then for dessert we had a homemade carrot cake (yes, apparently one of my new "nesting" phases is baking!!) and Easter candies galore. So very delicious - and tasted great for days as leftovers!!!!!!
Our friends Kellie & John were there with their adorable 2 month old daughter, Ingrid. She really is gorgeous - so much fun to play with her!!! She's alert and making little noises now - so cute! She was the start of Easter!!! And Bailey made us a snow-bunny outside our back door - complete with outline ears, teeth, and a tail! It's awesome!! Check it out:
Then our friends left and we had a round of Wii Olympics with the Aasens - until all of our arms were sore and the kids had to head home since they have school today.
Saw two great movies last weekend - Dan in Real Life and No Country for Old Men. No Country for Old Men was great - I definitely see why it won all those Oscars, it really was a great movie. Some people have said that they didn't like the ending, but I thought it was both fitting for the characters in the movie and for a Coen brothers' film. Very well done. Dan in Real Life was just a great, traditional little love story. One the whole family can watch, so great my sister-in-law (Kate) and I actually burst into applause simultaneously when it ended. Just a great, feel-good, love story. Plus I love Steve Carrell and Juliette Binoche, and getting to stare at Dane Cook for a few hours is never a bad thing!!! :-)
So that was the story of our Easter weekend - lots of cleaning, some fun video games, great friends & family for a holiday dinner, and some great movies! I'm feeling well - I finished 17 weeks on today so I'm in my 18th now - almost 1/2 way, I can't believe it!!! Been feeling the little one move more and more - got a little kick the other day when I was sitting with my stomach too squished I guess!
No comments:
Post a Comment